You are here
Public Health and Environmental Assessments Webinar #3
Registration is live for the 3rd webinar hosted by the OPHA Built Environment workgroup on Public Health and Environmental Assessments. Join us on Thursday, February 28, 12 – 1 pm for an informative session!
In this session we’ll explore the Region of Peel – Public Health approach for participating in EA’s through a road improvement project – case study – to illustrate how collaboration with Public Works and Traffic Engineering is setting a new standard for incorporating health priorities into the planning and design of the built environment.
This webinar will enable you to:
- Appreciate the merits of public health’s participation with the review of terms of reference for the EA, providing input to the scope of the work at the beginning and during key stages of the study
- Learn how conducting a physical walk route with members of the community enhances public engagement
- Understand how the use of a Walking Audit (assessment tool) developed by Peel Public Health is helping with decision-making by identifying areas of concern and opportunities from a public health perspective
Kayle McMillen, Health Promoter, Active Living, Health Services, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention, Region of Peel
- Kayle McMillen is a Health Promoter on the Active Living Team with the Region of Peel - Peel Public Health. Kayle`s work focuses on active transportation and active living in Peel and she is the project lead for Peel Public Health`s Walking Audit Program. Kayle has been working in the area of health promotion and public health for the past 7 years. She has a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from McMaster University and is currently completing her Master of Public Health from Waterloo University.
Sonya Bubas, MCIP, RPP Project Manager, Transportation, Infrastructure Programming and Studies, Region of Peel
- Sonya Bubas, MCIP, RPP is a Project Manager at the Region of Peel. Sonya is currently managing the Class EA Study for improvements to approximately 7.5 km of Airport Road in Caledon. Sonya has 20 years of combined public and private sector work experience, primarily in Class EA studies for transportation projects.
This is the third in a 4-part webinar series on how public health can contribute to and participate in environmental assessments. To see previous webinar recordings in this series, please go to:
- Webinar 1 (Introduction to Environmental Assessments and Role for Public Health): http://opha.on.ca/Events/Introduction-to-Environmental-Assessments-and-Role.aspx
- Webinar 2 (Building Effective Public Health Participation in Environmental Assessments): http://opha.on.ca/Events/Building-Effective-Public-Health-Participation-in.aspx
|Event Date||Feb 28, 2019 |
12:00 to 13:00EST
|Posted by NCCEH||Feb 05, 2019|