You are here
NCCEH eJournal Club - The Role of Public Health Inspectors in Maintaining Housing in Northern and Rural Communities: Recommendations to Support Public Health Practice
The NCCEH eJournal Club is a series of informal hour-long sessions discussing and appraising articles relating to environmental health. Active participation is encouraged. Although these sessions are directed at public health inspectors, anyone interested in a given topic is more than welcome to take part. Remote viewing instructions are available on the Eventbrite registration page.
Title of paper: The Role of Public Health Inspectors in Maintaining Housing in Northern and Rural Communities: Recommendations to Support Public Health Practice (Lefebvre et al., 2012). Please click on the links below to register and download the paper.
Questions to consider ahead of the session:
- In your local or provincial public health region, which professionals are responsible for addressing physical housing hazards? Which should be?
- What are some health equity considerations when assessing and responding to physical housing hazards?
- What are some of the challenges of a broad definition of “health hazard” when responding to health-related housing complaints?
- Dr. Karen Rideout, Environmental Health Policy Analyst, BCCDC/NCCEH
- Dr. Helen Ward, Environmental Health Scientist, NCCEH
Continuing education credits: 2 CIPHI PDHs
|Event Date||Jan 26, 2017 |
12:00 to 13:00PST
|Posted by NCCEH||Jan 13, 2017|