Our goal is to be the indispensable online resource for environmental health practitioners and policy-makers across Canada. This website was developed for you. As an environmental health practitioner, policy-maker, or researcher who's committed to collaborating on evidence-based practice and policy, please take a moment to provide feedback on how this website meets your needs.
Who We Are
The NCCEH is one of six centres created to foster linkages within the public health community. This centre focuses on the health risks associated with the physical environment and identifies evidence-based interventions to reduce those risks. All centres are funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada through the National Collaborating Centres for Public Health program. The NCCEH is located at the BC Centre for Disease Control in Vancouver. Click to meet our team; short bio and abbreviated staff publication list also available.
Our function is to:
- synthesize, translate, and exchange knowledge for environmental health practitioners and policy-makers;
- identify gaps in research and practice knowledge; and
- build capacity through networks of practitioners, policy-makers, and researchers.
We regularly conduct environmental scans and evaluations to inform our work plan. In addition, we have an Advisory Board comprised of senior environmental health professionals. This website showcases our work and provides a vehicle for practitioners, policy-makers, and researchers to network and share information.
What We're Doing
- Ongoing identification of needs and gaps in environmental health.
- Producing evidence-based reviews on these topical issues.
- Conducting major projects such as drinking water, food safety, and built environment.
- Identifying national and global partners and building capacity via secondments, workshops, practicums, and other sharing opportunities.
- Connecting practitioners, policy-makers, and researchers committed to building and using an evidence-based approach to policy and practice.
To learn more about the NCCEH, please contact us today!