You are here
Determinants of health and environmental health practice: Opportunities for Action
CIPHI Manitoba Branch Continuing Professional Competencies (CPC) Fall 2015 Workshop
The National Collaborating Centres for Environmental Health and Determinants of Health (NCCEH and NCCDH) co-hosted a workshop at the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors (CIPHI) Manitoba Branch Workshop in Winnipeg, MB. This interactive workshop provided an overview of how health equity and the social determinants of health impact environmental public health practice and explored ways practitioners can respond.
- Overview of a pilot study on equity and environmental health practice
Dianne Oickle, NCCDH
Presented via Skype – refer to slides from CIPHI National Annual Educational Conference 2015 for a version of this presentation.
- Areas of environmental public health practice affected by the social determinants of health
Karen Rideout, BCCDC/NCCEH
- Heejune Chang, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
- Tim Ness, First Nations and Inuit Health Branch, Health Canada
- Julie Scarpino, Manitoba Health
- Presentation and discussion of a draft framework process for environmental health action on health equity (to be revised based on ongoing feedback). Open the PDF file below to view the draft framework – you can add your feedback directly into the fillable PDF. Please send us your feedback on the draft framework for environmental health action on health equity – we are accepting feedback until January 8, 2016 (deadline extended).
Highlights of the panel discussion and a related discussion at CIPHI National 2015 are reported in the December 2015 issue of Environmental Health Review
Please tell us how you use these resources in your work.
|Event Date||Oct 08, 2015|
|Location Type||In Person|
|Posted by NCCEH||Nov 23, 2015|